Having Staffy puppies in your home can be rewarding and fun. You can enjoy raising them to be the ideal household pal that you have always wanted. Staffordshire bull terrier puppies are loving, loyal, and protective. Despite the fact that their breed is known to be fighters, you can still raise them to have a gentle and kind temperament.
In taking care of Staffy puppies, you need extra care. You have to train them well so that they can grow up the way you want it to. There are certain key areas that you need to focus on in raising your Staffordshire puppies.
- Health – Make sure to take your puppies to the veterinarian regularly. Get them checked and receive the necessary shots and treatments in order for them to grow up healthy and well. This is also to prevent your puppies to be prone to sickness and defects.
- Food – Feed your Staffordshire puppies the best and appropriate dog food. Be careful in choosing one among the hundreds of dog foods available in the market. Consult your veterinarian to get advice on the best one for your Staffy pups. You can also give them homemade food that is high in protein and rich in other essential vitamins and minerals. You should also pay attention on the frequency of feeding your puppies and the amount of food they should receive.
- Training – Get your Staffy pups to follow your commands. This will make them more disciplined. Even simple commands such as sit, lie down, and roll over would be beneficial. This can also help develop your relationship with your pets. Potty training is also needed. This will also discipline them and will make it more convenient for you. Knowing when and where your puppies do their thing will make it easier for you to clean up after them.
- Grooming – Make sure that your puppies are always in good condition physically. You can treat them to the grooming salon once in a while but it is simply necessary to keep them clean. This breed of puppies requires little grooming so it is actually very easy.
- Relationship – For your Staffordshire puppies to grow up to be friendly, expose them to an environment where they have to face strangers and other dogs. You should also make them feel loved by spending quality time with them and being mindful of their needs.
Raising Staffordshire puppies is easy. You should simply give them what they need so that they can grow up well.